Sunday 10 April 2016

Water and Hydration

This is one of those areas I can not get wrong. I plan to start with 100L of quality Berowra water.
This will give me 5L/Day . 4L to drink and 1L for cooking. 20 days of water, I will also be leaving an emergency supply at the Hay river Track of 50L this is a just in case (also at the Hay river will be an extra 10days of dehydrated food.) I will retrieve the water and food when I finish.
The water is stored in 10L containers that actually hold 11.75L. I plan to siphon water from the bottles as need into 4 500ml bottles this way I can monitor exactly how much I am drinking. My allowance is about 150ml/Km.
I have one more trick up my sleeve I have been playing with a still , to distill  my own urine . Its a simple concept that on first trial was not perfect but using fuel line as part of the contraption I should have know the water would taste like rubber. (well it didn't taste like piss I think)


I have overcome my taste issue using some high temperature food grade silicone hose. The still weighs under 1kg . I will hang it over the fire using a small tripod made from booker rod.
The efficiency is not bad producing about 500ml/hr so my plan will be to run the still on days when i want to finish early and have suitable wood.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, i want to suggest you something special
    Hydration Water Bladder with DURABLE and QUALITY Material.
    100% Leak Proof Design to make any sportsman Happy
    BIG OPENING - EASY TO CLEAN
    https://www.amazon.com/SELLER-Hydration-Water-Bladder-Backpacks/dp/B01E4MP8Q0

    ReplyDelete