Monday 18 April 2016

Cut and shut ( a few more modifications to 'Foxy' the cart)

After many trials around Berowra and on the fire trails I have discovered that my design need some improvement. I was hanging to low in the ass. many ideas where chucked around to improve my departure angle from bending the from poles to lifting the axle height, I decided on cutting the main deck of the cart and bending the frame to what ended up being a 40 degree bend.
'Foxy' is still nice and low to the ground as to avoid rollovers on big side slopes , but now has a very nice departure angle. Thanks heaps to Nathan Gilbert from Apex for helping me out with the welding and cutting we spent much of last Sunday at Nathans house. Thanks to Brendon for your help too.
I also gave some thought to a little extra protection , its not really for rain ( because I don't think that will happen) its more to keep a little bit of the cold off and the war in. The pole in the middle of the cart is new too acting as a sand flag.
Only a few things to get to finish off now, we are going to make a new set of handle bars as I snapped the weld the other day in the bush . I will be inserting a second tyre inside the fat tyre for a some extra thorn protection. Then its just down to making sure I have spare of everything that might break and trying to fit it on the cart.


No comments:

Post a Comment