Wednesday 18 May 2016

Things are getting very close.

I leave on Tuesday the 24th of May...... which is in 6 days time. Time has flown by in the last month and I cant believe I am about to go. It is very weird packing every thing you need for 3-4 weeks in the desert. Trina keeps saying is that all, and I keep thinking the same thing.
I have had to list every thing I'm taking on an excel spread sheet (and take a print of it with me) so i can remember which bag I packed stuff in, that is a sign I'm getting old.
I did have a little hiccup about a week ago, I started getting heaps of pain in my right arch of my foot, turns out to be over training( who knew such a thing existed). A little bit of panic when the physio suggests a MRI for a stress fracture, no stress fracture just going a bit too hard. the week off has done me well and I have had time to do things that I would not have been able to get done around packing and training. It has also given my body an excellent rest leading into the walk.
Did a test pack of the cart today  and managed to fit every thing on just, then I thought I would test pack my car with just the gear I'm taking and its going to be a tight squeeze when Drewboy and Bestie chuck there gear on top of mine for the trip out to Birdsville and then on to dump the extra water and food in the Desert.(somebody may well end up on the roof yet!)
The cart is being brought out by Brendon (who is expected in Birdsville around 9/6) so over the coming weekend I will drop off at his house and dismantle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment