Sunday 24 January 2016

Cart Mark #2 'Foxy' have wheels must travel

Have wheels must travel.......not soo quick tiger.
I spent 3 hours with Pete from Transform engineering and we made some stub axles , drilled some billet that will mount the stubs to the frame of the cart. This was a great experience ,Pete is a perfectionist and I am  more than sure his axles will go the distance.
I some aluminium blocks to mount the brakes these will be tig welded to the frame and 'Foxy' will have brakes.

'Foxy' needed a set of handle bars , something to push against , hold the brake levers , a position for the GPS, and maybe a pocket to hold stuff that I will be using on a regular basis whilst walking. (snacks ,Ipod,more snacks).
So I decided to have a go at bending some 20mm alumiuium tube myself. Below is my first attempt.
With that not going so well I bent up a jig from steel and had another go.





I was more than happy with the end result .
All going well come the first week in Feb it will be all welded together.


No comments:

Post a Comment